Hope In Our City has a variety of volunteer needs with at-risk youth and families - especially in the areas of sports, education and leadership - with varying degrees of commitment. We have opportunities for families with children, businesses, small groups, and individuals.
If you are new, please complete the New Volunteer Sign-up Form
Below is our calendar view for upcoming volunteer opportunities. Click on an event to sign up for it!
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROUPS & FAMILIES:
- Build relationships with families and play with kids at Glorified Recess on Fridays at Fairview Elementary School. This is a great opportunity for families with kids to serve together!
- Cultivate a Cross-Cultural Friendship (similar to a mentor program).
- Help at a one-time special event such as a basketball tournament or a hike in the mountains with kids and families from Sun Valley.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDIVIDUALS:
- Play with kids at Glorified Recess on Fridays at Fairview Elementary School
- Teach middle and high school students life-skills through a weekly leadership program
- Build relationships with moms in Sun Valley and help them learn English through Conversation Groups
- Offer your expertise (budgeting, finance, design, arts, etc.) in a one-time or ongoing service to train families and children
- Create an experience to expand the worldview of youth (e.g., organize a tour of your business or a factory you have a connection with)
- Join the Prayer Team
To learn more or to sign up to volunteer, contact Ben Sooy.